Charity Project: Save the Elephants, Initial Images and Poster Ideas.

Here are more of the initial images I created for the Save the Elephants charity campaign, I continued to experiment with colour and simple shapes. I tried simplifying the shape of the elephants even more than my previous images to create a more stylised look and cut the shapes from watercolour paper on which I had let different inks run into each other. I really like the overall effect with how they look, and I particularly like how the different colour inks blended together.

Below are my first designs and compositions for the posters. I began to play around with text a lot at this stage and decided to use my own rather than digital typefaces as I preferred the overall effect. I also tried layering text on top of some of my previous initial images to see how they worked together.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.